Saturday, December 18, 2010

Not Everyone Likes Me : (

Very early in your time with Twitter you are going to realize that:

1. Not everyone likes (follows) you

2. Some of the people whom you thought liked you are going to dump you

I recall my early days on Twitter, trying so hard to get a few followers.  I would follow people….but the far majority would not follow me back.  That’s a lot of people that did not like me!  lol  Well actually, those people just did not see a good reason to follow me.  Maybe the link to my web pg was not working, or my profile info was  less than descriptive or they were not impressed with the Tweets I had sent out recently.   The bottom line, make sure your profile, tweets and web site all look good to a stranger who is considering following you.  You also need to make sure you are targeting people who might be interested in what you are saying.   I will share more on targeted followers soon.

Another huge shock for me in my early days of Twitter was when I lost 25 people in a day!  How could they leave me?  No explanation….I was dumped!   Well, that was a learning experience.  You need to realize that people are going to unfollow you.   Even the most popular people in the world get unfollowed on Twitter.  What is the the solution to this – always be adding targeted people to your followers to make up for those that left you.

No comments:

Post a Comment